Monday, May 22, 2017

 

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE


People that we cherish are those that fear nothing, that deny to live by the book written by others, that deny to live according to the guidelines of what others created. Successful people write their own book, walk their own path and challenge their own thinking. They do not believe in business as usual. Achievers believe that what one thinks of one can achieve. It was belief and challenging the normal thinking that saw Armstrong becoming the first person to land on the moon. It seemed foolish to think that a man could land on the moon until when it happened.

In her own words, Oprah Winfrey says: ‘``I was raped at the age of 9.'' Bill gates emphasizes ``I didn’t even complete my university education.'' The world’s celebrated neuro surgeon Ben Carson points out ``I struggled academically throughout my elementally school.'' The record breaking world footballer of the year Lionel Messi says, ``I used to serve tea at a shop to support my football training.''

These people never allowed the circumstances of life to hinder them and that is why we celebrate them. They refused to think of the term impossible. While other people in the very same situations would be seeing an insurmountable mountain to climb, these cherished any obstacle to live the dream of their life.

The world has more amazing people that do not look at their situation as a barrier but an opportunity to focus on a different path. The amazing life of Dumisani Ntombela crystalises that we can become what we want as long as we are willing to become that. It clicks in the ears as unbelievable that Ntombela became blind at the age of one because of cancer but has not allowed his disability to be an inability. "I have suffered a lot of prejudice from people who think that I am incapable of doing anything. I have proven myself that I can be better than those who can see," said Ntomblea.

The blind Ntombela is a blind soccer coach who has always dedicated his time and passion to women's soccer. Business Media Live reports that his women's soccer team, Silver Spears from Vosloorus, Ekurhuleni, was recently crowned champions of the annual Maimane Alfred Phiri Games in Alexandra, Joburg.

Ntombela did not allow the stereotypes of others over him to curb his dream.

"Some people in my neighbourhood used to call me spoko (ghost) and they thought I would affect their children. It was a painful experience to both my parents, particularly my mother who has been my pillar of strength."

He encouraged other people with a disability like his not to allow anyone to feel pity for them or patronise them.

"When someone says you are blind, tell them it is what they see, not what you are because you can achieve far much better things than them.

"I coach people who can see but they appreciate that I am their leader. I also used to play football and score against people who can see while I couldn't," said the young coach.

We can move out of poverty if we will to and undertake decisions that see us cutting the strings of poverty. We can grow our GDP extensively if we believe that it is possible. We can be a food-sufficient nation and even become an exporter of food if we believe that it is possible. We can be a corrupt free nation if we believe that it is possible. We become what we think. If we are living in the poorest nation on earth then we have all collectively failed and the status of our nation is a manifestation of the caliber of its citizens.









Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?